Sponsored by the unions, guilds and associations of
Section 21 Film and Television Health and Safety Advisory Committee of the Ontario Ministry of Labour Training and Skills Development.
The Section 21 Film and Television Health and Safety Advisory Committee
In 1988, the Section 21 Film and Television Health and Safety Advisory Committee was appointed by the Minister of Labour pursuant to s.21 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA).
This tri-partite Committee consists of Labour, Management and Government Representatives. The Section 21 Committee holds regular meetings to discuss “the industry’s” safety issues, concerns and accidents. As well, the committee continues to draft “The Safety Guidelines for the Film and Television Industry in Ontario” which are meant to assist employers/producers, supervisors and cast and crew in the industry in determining ways to best comply with their obligations as set out under the OHSA.
Since 1997, the Section 21 Committee has hosted the industry’s Film and Television Health and Safety Symposium. The Section 21 Committee has initiated training sessions, and continues to develop standards, policies, and is a common liaison for regulatory agencies.
The committee will also post bulletins and aims to provide information to all industry professionals in all disciplines, in hazard recognition and aid in developing safe work practices.
The Section 21 Committee is as follows:
- NABET 700-M UNIFOR – Jayson Mosek, Labour Co-Chair – bio
- CMPA – Sean Porter, Management Co-Chair
- DGC Ontario – Cynthia Clayton, Treasurer – bio
- IATSE Local 667 – Tim Storey, Secretary – bio
- IATSE Local 411 – Anne Paynter – bio
- CPAT – Tim Corrigan – bio
- ACTRA Toronto – Clare Johnston – bio
- IATSE Local 873 – David Tellez
- Ontario Ministry of Labour – Erica Arsenault – bio
- Toronto Film and Television Office
- Ontario Creates – Doug Till – bio
- Hamilton Film and Television Office – Lorrie Bowman – bio
- Contract Services Administration Trust Fund – Matthew Antonucci – bio
- Kevin Lafferty, Independent Producer – bio
- AMPTP – Tracey Wood
Please contact your Section 21 Committee Representative for assistance, and/ or reporting accidents or incidents.